Engineering / Construction/ Management
Our client, with sites based in Sligo and Donegal:
- Develops and implements programs and preventive initiatives in the area of health, safety education, accident prevention and environmental compliance for all operations.
- Ensures compliance with Governmental, local, and Customer EH&S regulations.
- Promotes a culture of EHS excellence and provides high-quality EHS technical knowledge
- Continuously reinforces safety on-site by providing/promoting employee awareness/training on matters of environmental, health, and safety.
Authority for: This EHS Specialist position is customer service orientated to provide a safe and compliant workplace for all occupants. The position holds the authority to make day-to-day decisions that affect the well-being of the occupants or enforcement of policy and procedures that relate to environmental, health, and safety. The expected level of guidance for this job is working independently for routine tasks with direction from manager on project tasks and special assignments. The position is accountable for maintaining clean and presentable work areas and project sites which impact the appearance of the facility, the accuracy of information provided, engaging in prescribed safe work practices, and following the general code of conduct, policies, and procedures.
All departments within the companies in Ireland and other global locations worldwide.
External Auditors. Customers. Contractors. Suppliers.
Tasks:Assists facility and engineering personnel on various projects to improve processes and the health and safety of the workforce. This includes:
- Recommending substitutes and alternative processes/products for a safer environment.
- Developing and recommending safety policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Assisting facility personnel in plant-wide implementation of safety policies and procedures.
- Compiling, generating and filing all annual environmental reports as well as assisting in compiling and completing customer environmental health and safety compliance reports.
- Maintaining the company’s log of all associated accident/event reports.
- Completing thorough accident investigations for all accidents/events including the recommendation of actions to take for the prevention of reoccurrence.
- Providing information to management representatives regarding current, new or proposed governmental regulations effecting business operations. Also communicating monthly campus statistics (i.e. number of accidents, incident rates, etc.) to management representatives or any other interested parties.
- Conducting monthly site wide environmental, health and safety audits, generates an audit summary report recommending corrective actions, and ensures the completion of appropriate corrective actions.
- Developing and conducting employee and supervisory environmental, health and safety training as required by regulatory agencies including hazard communication, waste management, lockout/tagout
- Conducting a hazard assessment for each job, recommending appropriate protective measures (engineering controls, administrative controls, or personal protective equipment), and communicating the assessment results with management representatives and employees.
- Supporting the Sligo and Donegal site Contingency Plan and Emergency Operating Procedures.
- Ensuring employee exposure levels are not within the range of regulatory action levels by reviewing industrial hygiene surveys (i.e. air sampling, ventilation, indoor air quality, noise, etc.).
- Maintaining the campus Safety Data Sheet (SDS) management system, and reviews all new incoming chemicals/materials to ensure the work environment stays free from recognized hazards.
- Managing all external HEH&S audits for both sites
- Act as liaison during inspections by outside regulatory agencies.
- Understand, support and contribute to current companies Quality Management System (QMS), International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
Function Demands:Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental and/or Safety
Knowledge: Comprehensive Knowledge of all EH&S regulatory requirements essential.
Comprehensive knowledge of Quality Standards, Validation Regulations and Guidance Documents desirable.
- MS Office proficient.
- Experience with SAP beneficial.
- Demonstrate an ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people at all levels through appropriate skills: Verbal / Written, Report writing, Presentation and listening.
- Strong work organization skills, with the ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively plan work and manage own time.
- Proficiency in the areas of environmental compliance and critical thinking , project management and problem solving
Experience:2-3 years+ experience in a similar role preferably in the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing Industry or similar
Based In Inishowen
- Assist the design / costing team in the receipt, checking, pricing logging and maintenance of filing systems for incoming drawings issued by other members of the Design Team.
- Assist the design team in maintaining the project files at all times in the format required
- Assist the design Engineer with preliminary calculations and selections to establish the critical requirements of the customer / design. Tabulate or provide CAD drawings for this information in adequate detail, as required by the manufacturing team.
- Assist the design / costing team in the detailed design progress to ensure compliance with the design/customer brief, ensuring compliance with the company’s QA procedures and the company’s CAD manual.
- Carry out technical calculations, under the guidance of the design engineer, in a prescribed and orderly manner and catalogue all design calculations in accordance with the company’s QA procedures.
- Create and develop drawings in sufficient detail to allow these to be processed in an efficient manner in strict compliance with the company’s CAD requirements.
- Assist the design / costing team in the preparation of technical schedules for all items of plant and equipment specified in full and extended detail and ensure that the design / costing team has such schedules to hand for inclusion within the tender specification..
- Attend the quality control inspection process on the tender documentation and assist in all corrections identified and recorded during the inspection.
- Assist the design / costing team in the collation and issue of tender documentation to the selected parties
- Assist the design / costing team in the validation and comment on sub-contractors working drawings, builders work drawings and fabrication drawings
- Assist in the redesign and drawing modifications, where necessary, of any or all systems, equipment or installations that may be required as the work proceeds and carry out such redesign and drafting in accordance with the QA procedures
- Assist the design / costing team in responding to all ‘Requests of Information’ raised and submitted by customers / contractors or tenderers
- Assist the design / costing team to tabulate all technical data for installation of the windows
- Assist the design / costing team to carry out a detailed inspection of the as-installed drawings, commissioning data and the reports prepared by the design / costing team
- Ensure all administration relating to the work undertaken is managed in a professional manner, and filed / stored appropriately
- Any other duties that are relevant and required of the company
- Hold at Degree in Mechanical Engineering or recognised qualification in Computer Aided Design (CAD) or equivalent.
- Must have 2+ years’ experience in manufacturing, mechanical or design setting;
- Excellent IT skills, MS Office etc.
- A good understanding of construction techniques, sequences of work, Building Regs and knowledge of product
- Knowledge of /experience in working in an ISO environment.
- Flexible and Enthusiastic.
- Able to prioritise.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A competitive salary.
- Opportunity to progress your career.
- A modern progressive workplace.
- CPD programme.
Maintenance Engineer(mechanical and electrical)
Salary Depending on experience
Summary of role
The Shift Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the execution of the preventive and corrective maintenance programme. They will be required to work a shift rota as required.
Core job responsibilities:
- Ensure that plant machinery and the equipment are maintained and available for production at all times.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Ensure Machinery, facilities and equipment are utilised efficiently;
- Design implement maintain and improve electrical and mechanical instrumentation, equipment, facilities, components and systems throughout the site.
- Proactively work with Production, Quality Assurance, outside contractors and all other relevant parties to discuss, agree, plan and implement engineering solutions to operational issues as they arise.
- Utilising structured troubleshooting and problem-solving method to resolve equipment issues;
- Display engineering and technical leadership and specialisation by acting as 'Champion' and leading improvement initiatives across shifts and functions;
- Provide input on equipment installation, start-up, operation and troubleshooting to support introduction of new products into sustaining operations;
- Maintenance and trouble-shooting as part of the maintenance team of all mechanical systems / machine set ups;
- Ensure that planned preventative maintenance is attended to in an efficient manner to minimise downtime;
- Assist Head of Maintenance and team in the update of Standard Operating Procedures and ensure Training is carried out with production teams as and when required;
- To ensure supervisors and managers are made aware of any problems relating to maintenance and that appropriate actions are taken immediately;
- To follow all company procedures relating to work instructions and the wearing of appropriate PPE;
- Completion of all related documentation in compliance with site and regulatory rules and guidelines;
- Shift working is required. The shift pattern may be varied according to business requirements and will typically require weekend working and periodic rotation between day and night shifts;
- To work in a flexible and organised manner.
- Inspect all completed installations / works to ensure compliance with correct operational procedures and safety standards,
- Safety comes first. You have a responsibility in your role to ensure the safety of yourself, and the employees and members of the public. The use of safety equipment such as lock out tag outs, safety barriers, appropriate signage etc. must always be in place as part of the organisation and planning undertaken prior to starting work. Identifying and communicating potential hazards to the Head of Maintenance and flagging the need for risk assessments etc. is an important element of the job.
- Compliance with HACCP regulations will be a consistent requirement for all maintenance work carried out on site as is an awareness of the potential risk of food contamination.
Qualifications/ Education / Training
- At least 3 years’ experience in an Electrical or Mechanical maintenance role in a fast-paced production environment.
- Candidates should have completed a recognised apprenticeship or hold a formal qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Computer literacy - Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook/Report writing/trouble shooting and a willingness to learn and upskill will form an important part of this role
- Safe Pass
For more information: