Systems Software Developer
Our client is a dynamic and fast-growing company. Currently active in the international trade of electricity and green certificates in Ireland and nine other European jurisdictions, the company’s ambitious growth plans will see it trade in several more commodities and international jurisdictions in the coming years. To achieve its ambitions the company wishes to continue to grow its high calibre team and is currently seeking exceptional individuals to join us on our journey in changing how the energy marketplace works.The position
the company is seeking to hire a Graduate Systems Software Developer to contribute to application development and maintenance activities across the company.
Reporting to the Applications Manager the successful candidate will join a dedicated team responsible for the full software development life cycle of multiple systems required by the organisation across a range of technologies and platforms.
Our client has ambitious growth plans, affording the successful candidate valuable experience and potentially follow on career opportunities.
The Role of the Graduate Systems Software Developer are:
- to be involved with the development, testing and deployment of trading and reporting systems.
- Working closely with the business team to come up with solutions to recurring problems as well as playing a role in delivering incremental system developments and changes.
- Owning, tracking, analysing and resolving production incidents and change requests, as well as medium and longer-term project deliveries.
- Participating in an on-call rota (one week in eight) providing support of the companies production systems.
Desired Skills and Experience are:
- a Primary degree in a technical field such as engineering, computer science, mathematics.
- Programming experience of some or more of the following: Scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Python MySQL .NET technologies
- A working knowledge of relational databases (preferably MySQL), including the creation of stored procedures, etc. Some experience using at least one source control software system (e.g. ClearCase, Subversion, GIT etc)
- Diligence with an attention to detail in relation to documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating and maintaining Wiki Knowledge Base articles, run books, etc).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, quantitative analysts, and other software developers.
- Flexible and eager to apply best practice software solutions to practical issues and problems facing users in the energy trading markets.
- Self-starter, with a strong interest in new and emerging technologies and an aptitude for learning new technologies
Remuneration: Competitive package negotiable and commensurate with experience.
For more information: