Teaching / Tutor / ID
Tutor/Teaching Assistant Special Needs/ID
Location: Inishowen /Donegal
Salary: 24500 euro
The post holder of the Work & Life Skills Tutor will provide direct support and assistance to the Team Lead in the delivery of a comprehensive range of programmes to individuals with intellectual disabilities who are referred to our services.
Programmes are designed to match the client’s needs and capabilities while allowing him/her to develop his/her full potential and will be implemented at an appropriate time and setting in order to gain maximum support.
The Work and Life Skills Tutor shall be responsible for the training and development of all trainees on their programme in accordance with the agreed training programme specification (TPS) which will enable progression to greater levels of independence and enhanced participation in everyday community life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing, developing and evaluating programmes of learning activities in relevant personal development and work readiness
- Contact/teaching time with individuals with a learning intellectual/learning disability on an individual, class or small group basis
- To apply a person centred approach according to the individual’s ability and needs
- To assist Client Services Co-Ordinator in meeting key performance indicators in relation to learner progress and achievement educationally and vocationally
- To install by example and direct training, effective work attitudes and work behaviours in each learner, and provide learners with adequate and constructive feedback about their progress
- To comply with health and safety legislation in all aspects of the project
- Complete all written records and reports as required by funder and line manager.
- To participate and contribute to planned evaluations of the service, to ensure continuous review and improvement promoting a culture of excellence throughout all activities and services
- Other duties which may be required within the general context of the post
Applications are invited from applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Hold a minimum of a Train the Trainers certificate (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 1 years paid experience, within the last 3 years working in a paid capacity, in working with adults who have an intellectual disability
- Have a proven track record of delivering effective teaching and learning of working with accreditation bodies and resource development for accredited training programmes
- Have a proven ability to develop and adapt training programmes to suit the needs and interest of service users cohorts
- Have experience or knowledge of working with disadvantaged /vulnerable groups and awareness of various individual support needs
- Have a working knowledge of the supported employment function
- Have excellent organisation and communication skills
- Be able to work under own initiative
- Hold a current driving licence and have access to a car that is insured for business use. (Consideration will be given to alternative travelling proposals in respect of applicants with a disability who cannot hold a licence)
- Hold a third level qualification in education, health and social care or other relevant discipline.
- Have more than one year of paid employment in the field of intellectual/learning disability
Support Care Worker
Location: Donegal / Inishowen
Salary 27435 euro
The Client Services Support Worker will provide direct support and assistance to the Client Services Coordinator, the Assistant Training & Community Services Manager and the senior Management Team; in the effective and efficient gathering, collation and reporting of all relevant information pertaining to each trainee and their families; to:
a) assist in the quality assurance function within the organisation
b) ensure that a progression pathway / PCP / roadmap is created and maintained for the duration of time that the trainee is in our service.
The post holder, with the assistance of the Client Facilitators / Keyworkers and Work & Life Skills Tutors on each site - will facilitate each of our clients in identifying their goals; will support our clients and their Client Facilitators / Keyworkers and Work & Life Skills Tutors in the presentation of relevant evidence of (and ensure appropriate recording of) all work being carried out to attain these goals.
The update and maintenance of the organisation’s Goal Tracker (which must be available for funder inspection when requested), is the responsibility of the Client Services Coordinator, as is absence recording (all sites) and the gathering / collation / presentation of information to inform the HSE Easitool process - the remit of the Training & Community Services Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the creation, development and ongoing monitoring of ‘live’ person centred plans (PCP's) and roadmaps for all clients in the organisation - to meet the requirements of all referred clients, as well as the requirements of our funders. (HSE New Directions National Framework for Person-Centred Planning and the Western Health & Social Care Trust guidelines (PPI).
- To assist in ensuring that all required information held on each service user is accurate and up to date, cognisant of GDPR across the 2 jurisdictions i.e., family / advocate(s) contact, medical details, social work input and other professionals involved with each person.
- To assist in the communication function relaying of all relevant information to the Client Services Coordinator daily; pertaining to client activities, goals, challenges and any additional support required (established through the ‘Listening Ear’ service to be delivered by postholder); ensuring a joined-up, consistent, informed service of excellence is delivered
- Participation in the ‘planning Team’ for each referred person to include the Team Leads in Donegal, the Client Facilitators / Keyworkers and Work & Life Skills Tutors on all sites, family members and friend(s) / supporter(s) of choice along the Line Manager - the Client Services Coordinator
- To provide physical cover on any of the 3 sites as required by the needs of the service; this can either be in contact teaching time with our clients, in administration, in Community support, as a ‘Listening Ear’ - or to assist in any other work requiring completion as assigned by the Client Services Coordinator
- Contact teaching time with individuals with a learning / intellectual disability on an individual, class or small group basis, on any of the Company sites - particularly (but not exclusively); those trainees requiring specialised short-term supports / training (dependent on needs of the service)
- Assisting in the monitoring and reporting all trainees’ attendances / absences; ensuring Line Manager is in receipt of all required information which is accurate and received on time to facilitate funder reporting. This will involve daily liaison with the staff team in the Organisation as well as the Team Leads in Donegal
- Providing assistance in ensuring Company communication is delivered in a timely, efficient and professional way irrespective of medium to include the maintenance of social media accounts (daily postings to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). To undertake the development of a Company Newsletter (one for each DH and NHP) to be posted to client homes quarterly and featured on social media and other relevant platforms to maintain a positive organisational presence in the sector
- To attend annual reviews for all service users across all sites as directed by Line Manager; preparing the Company reports in advance, taking all minutes at the meetings, updating the final annual review document with these meeting minutes and ensuring all relevant signatures are obtained and the document is signed and scanned electronically.
- To ensure health and safety of clients at all times to include responsibility for the creation and updating of live risk assessments for each client in each environment in which he/she receives support (with, for example, all medical notes, transport, behavioural challenges, all other relevant background information); and report accidents and incidents, as well as Compliments & Complaints to Line Manager
- To complete all required written records, reports, personal returns and all other administrative duties on time and in the required format
- To participate and contribute to planned evaluations of the service, ensuring continuous review and improvement; promoting a culture of excellence throughout all activities and services
- To organise any approved and planned extracurricular activities, productions, Award ceremonies, other social / educational events for our client group
- Any other duties which may be required within the general context of the post as directed by the Management Team.
Applications are invited from applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Hold a relevant third level qualification and a have a minimum of one year’s paid experience in the last 5 years working with adults with intellectual disabilities
- Have experience of facilitating and implementing a person-centred plan (PCP)
- Can demonstrate ability to be adaptive and accepting of new ideas with a willingness to approach new challenges and adjust plans to meet new priorities.
- Have excellent time management, organisation and communication skills
- Can demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain effective professional relationships with all of the staff Team
- Have a proven ability to create, develop / adapt and deliver training our client group
- Hold a high level of proficiency in using the full Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Publisher)
- Hold a high level of proficiency in the use of social media (FB, Instagram and Twitter)
- Have a flexible approach to the job with the ability to multi task and carry out other duties on all sites as and when required
- Have access to a car for work purposes which is insured for business use and hold a current driving licence. (Consideration will be given to alternative travelling proposals in respect of applicants with a disability who cannot hold a licence)
- Have experience of engaging with, having empathy for and supporting the families of those living with intellectual disabilities
- Have the ability to work on own initiative whilst understanding Management structures and the requirement to take direction from Line Manager
- Demonstrable passion for working within the sector, supporting the client group and Company loyalty
For more information: